Mouse & Keyboard Falure on Startup

Closed
Snuffaluppagus Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 8, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2011 - Oct 8, 2011 at 08:18 AM
 Anonymous User - Oct 9, 2011 at 03:19 AM
Hello, My name is Snuffy (Nickname, deal with it). I have recently moved and just got my System set back up. I have an Hewlet-Packard Pavilion Slimline, running Windows 7 Home Premium. Upon starting my system today, I was trapped at the login screen, unable to move my cursor, or key in my password. I force restarted my system hoping it was just a glitch. Nope, same issue. I promptly tried using the keyboard and mouse from my roomates system, same issue. The keyboard works fine when I'm in BIOS settings, and the boot menu. For some reason, nothing I do seems to correct the problem. Any suggestions guys?

Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Oct 8, 2011 at 09:32 AM
Remove your battery,Plug in charger and boot up the laptop

Does your keyboard and mouse work now? If yes reinstall your keyboard and mouse drivers.

Check for recently installed programs after which you faced the issue,try uninstalling them

If removing battery doesnt work try booting into safemode
Snuffaluppagus Posts 2 Registration date Saturday October 8, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 8, 2011
Oct 8, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Its a desktop
Anonymous User
Oct 9, 2011 at 03:19 AM
Ok ,no problem,can you boot into safemode?

You can boot into safemode,try a system restore

Let us know