Laptop won't start

Closed
Clint - Dec 26, 2011 at 11:20 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 27, 2011 at 04:55 PM
Hello,

I am working on a Dell inspiron 1525 and I can't get the thing to start. I just replaced the charger and the first time I turned it on, it worked great! I then went to turn it on a second time and it will boot and the lights flash and I get to a screen that asks if I want to start in safe mode or not. After I make that selection, the next screen is black with only my mouse showing. I have taken the battery out and held the power button and then started the laptop with no just the charger in with the same results. Any suggestions as to what I can do? Thanks a lot!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 27, 2011 at 04:55 PM
This sounds like Windows is damaged on the hard disk. If you have Vista or Win 7 then you can boot from the Windows DVD and do a "repair". I hope you got a Windows DVD with the computer or you burned the recovery disks when it was new.

You might also hit F11 during the boot and run the Dell diagnostics to test the hard drive.

Good Luck