How do i get my laptop to read my memory card

Closed
Gaby - Dec 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM
bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2013 - Dec 28, 2011 at 06:37 AM
Hello, ive got a problem. I want to download something that is on my memory card. Unforanatally this laptop doesnt have a slot for the memory card but i bought this thing that you put the memory card in and put it in your laptop and it works perfectly fine but i tried uploading something but my laptop doesnt read the memory card!you might think its that thing i bought but i dont think it is because it still makes the noise when you put it in the laptop but it doesnt come out on the screen. please help and reply as soon as possible ! thank you.
p.s i hope you understood what i meant.

Related:

1 response

bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2013 31
Dec 28, 2011 at 06:37 AM
Hi,

If you laptop, or the external memory card reader device are of an older model, and if the Memory card is larger than 4GB (especially from new-generation performance speed memory cards), it is very likely that your card reader does not support the read-write to the card.

I had this problem myself once, where I had to return my newly bought SD 8GB card to the shop as it was not supported by my card slot.

Hope this helps at least a bit.