USB Flash Drive 32 Gb. write protected

Ask a question mahs48 5Posts Saturday January 21, 2012Registration date January 27, 2012 Last seen - Last answered on Nov 27, 2016 05:44AM
Hello,
I have a 32GB USB Flash Drive EMTEC, with 1 Gb of data, which has worked fine for two years, but now, will not let me copy or delete or format. Always let a message saying "The device is write protected ..."
It has not tab to enable or disable protection. I tried to format it with Windows, DOS and Partition Magic but tells me "can not format because is write protected" I tried to change between FAT32, FAT16, and NTFS. The message is always the same.
Does anyone know a solution please?
Thanks in advance
See more 
Helpful
+4
moins plus
Hi this HP format tool works in most cases:

http://ccm.net/download/download-127-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool
anchal- Oct 19, 2015 05:42AM
I have download the HP format tool then also it provides me the error disk is write protected.....can u plz plz provide me the solution..how to remove this problem from my scandisk pendrive
Aljawf- Oct 22, 2015 01:36AM
Please refer to this article:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/272402-32-flash-drive

Follow the steps but PLZ SAVE ALL DATA BEFORE PROCEEDING:

How to remove a write protection from your USB memory Stick if there is no Write protection ON or OFF button on stick then
1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on laptop and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.
Note:
Before removing USB from your computer, Always remove it safely by going into to my computer then right click on USB and click eject.
vikash sharma from jharkhand- Nov 27, 2016 05:44AM
in safe mode it also showing thi it is write proteceted
I have pen drive of hp32 gb .
Add comment
Helpful
+3
moins plus
Hello

First, please try this:

http://ccm.net/faq/4214-remove-write-protection-on-pen-drive
mahs48 5Posts Saturday January 21, 2012Registration date January 27, 2012 Last seen - Jan 27, 2012 05:39AM
Hello,
First, did not have that line in the registry and I had to create it. Once done and restarted the computer, I tried to format and the response was the same, "I can not format because the disk is write protected"
You know something else you can try?
Thank you very much for your help.
Miguel Angel
Add comment
Helpful
+1
moins plus
Hello,
I downloaded the HP Disk Format tool and tried to format the pen drive with the same message "Stop. The device media is write protected"
I had contact with people from EMTEC and said: "This problem is due to poor function of the pendrive. We have to change a new one in your store if it is within the warranty period"
Since the warranty has expired, afraid I have to shoot and buy a new one or you think of something new to try?
Thanks for your help, a greeting
Add comment
Helpful
+1
moins plus
Hello,

I'm sorry, I have no other solution. Certainly I would not purchase an EMTEC pendrive. It sometimes happens when the pendrive is removed, often without ensuring it's fully disconnected from the system.

Sorry and good luck
Add comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?