ASUS G73JH Battery Issue

Closed
Murkantilism - Jan 25, 2012 at 04:10 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Hello,

I have an Asus G73jh that has a serious issue with charging. Yesterday I noticed it would go back and forth from charging and not for no apparent reason (while it was plugged in). Today it stopped charging all together. I assumed my battery adapter was faulty and I had a friend with the same laptop so I borrowed his.

Using his charger, I was able to turn my laptop back on and charge it to almost full, and then experienced the same exact issue. It just stopped charging randomly and eventually the battery died again and now my laptop won't turn on at all.

I tried removing the battery and just having the charger plugged in, and I tried removing the battery and power and holding the power button down for 45-60 seconds and then installing the battery back in and plugging it back in 5 or 6 times, no tricks seem to be working.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be, any more "tricks" I could try, or any other solutions? I several homework assignments due soon that I already started on my laptop, this is rather urgent.

Thanks

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that Kioskea is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users correspond showing mutual respect. Therefore, when requesting assistance, the use of polite expressions,as for elsewhere in similar circumstances, is appreciated. (please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.