No sound LG to Acer Veriton

Closed
ItsWatsonMydear - Feb 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Hello,

So my LG LCD tv is connected to my Acer Veriton X498G and it doesn't have any sound only when I just switch to tv mode. I have checked any and every video input, output, setting, cord, website, document, how to guide, instruction book there is on this issue. None of which are helping. I'm trying to be able to listen to music, watch a movie, anything with sound. The input source when connecting to the PC is of course RGB-PC. I've been told HDMI cords work but they haven't with this one. I did have this issue with the previous computer as well but I've upgraded to the Acer and it is still not allowing sound to come out when using that particular output (RGB-PC) but it does when using Input Source: TV in the menue. Any assistance would be great, my boyfriends is a huge geek about computers, geek said with the up most respect, but we both have a habit of over looking things so I'm wondering if anyone has any incite on this issue. Thanks in advance

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 18, 2012 at 11:58 AM
A RGB output cable does not transmit sound - most people have resorted to using a RCA conversion cable from the laptop "headphone" jack into the TV's RCA audio input jacks. The problem is in activating the correct TV input port. Some TV's just don't get it right!

HDMI has it's own problems. To get sound on the HDMI cable you must have a audio processor built into the Video card/chip on your computer. Then you must switch the sound processing from the Motherboard audio to the Video chip audio. That disables the laptops speakers and headphone output. Some Business class and older laptops with HDMI output do not have this hardware.

I have heard that someone has designed a HDMI cable adapter with a headphone plug. But, I can't find a source of such a plug.

Good Luck