No audio output device is installed

Closed
TommyC13 - Mar 25, 2012 at 07:48 AM
 TommyC13 - Mar 25, 2012 at 03:50 PM
Hello,

For no reason (I'm guessing my windows done an upgrade on its own) my sound will not work. The speaker in the bottom left has a big red 'X' and when I hover over it I get the message "".

Now I've scoured the internet and what seems to work for most people is to go through Device Manager and select 'sound, video and game controllers'. However, My device manager does not even have this. I found somewhere else that I should install some drivers from the HP website, but when I tried to install them I get a pop up box with the error message "Driver Installation Failed: Could Not Find The MEDIA device for this driver".

So I'm at a complete loss. Does anybody have any sort of help they can think of?

Thanks,
Tom.

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6500
Windows Vista

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 25, 2012 at 01:37 PM
I suggest you download SlimDrivers. This free utility will scan you computer and identify all devices. Then it will find, download and install all the drivers you need. Just Google "SlimDrivers" for a download location.

Good Luck
No this hasn't worked. Thanks for the advice though.