Unable To Boot From New Hard Disk

Solved/Closed
sureshdiddukuri Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 13, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 13, 2012 - Nov 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Nov 14, 2012 at 02:17 PM
Hello,

My Name Is Suresh. I Have A PC with intel p4 processor of 2.6 Ghz. and 500gb Hard disk, and 1Gb of Ram.

the problem is my pc not booting from a new hard disk. while I wanted to upgrade my hard disk size to 500gb. I thought that it was hard disk's problem. but when I inserted my Hard Disk in to my friend's pc it working well. I installed windows xp into my hard disk using my friend pc. again started to boot using my pc but my pc doesnt detected it

please help me to overcome this problem.......

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Nov 14, 2012 at 02:17 PM
Hi Suresh,

I am sure you have checked the Hard Drive getting detected in the BIOS (System Setup). If it is not detected in the BIOS, try connecting the Hard Drive to other connectors for Hard Drive on the motherboard. Also ensure you have a good Hard Drive Data Cable (you might want to try the Cable from the Optical Drive in your computer or from your friend's computer).

If the Hard Drive is detected in the BIOS but is not booting to the Windows, try to check the Boot Sequence in BIOS (Select Hard Drive as the primary boot device).

Do reply with results.