Toshiba laptop password WONT WORK

Closed
MRCECIL Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2012 - Nov 29, 2012 at 09:18 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 29, 2012 at 05:22 PM
Hello,
i met a person on the busline from work the other day he explane to me that he had a tosiba labtope computer and it was a vista he said that he tried to upgraded it but some thing happen and now he can place his pass word in and it will not go to the next page where the start menue is and all of the icons he does not know much he belives it could be a vires now can any body help he does not have no windows disk or key is there any free software that can be downloaded from another computer place on a disk and then tranferd to his computer and it fix the poble of being able to place his own pass word in or make a new one thanks for any help so i can give to him thanks MR******@yahoo.com (email address removed for security)

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 29, 2012 at 05:22 PM
Hello,

No doubt that the operating system got badly corrupted.

I suggest a system restore to factory settings.

Toshiba laptops from mid 2007 onwards dont have a recovery disc supplied with a purchase of a laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains the same files on a recovery cd / dvd.

To reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings, please follow these steps.

ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.

1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.

Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.

2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.

3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.

4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.

5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.

6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.

7) Click Next to Start recovery.

Good luck