Start Menu and desktop icons dissapeared

Solved/Closed
SID - Feb 14, 2009 at 08:05 AM
 yellowbear - Mar 3, 2014 at 06:44 AM
Hello,

1 nite i cme on to my computer and after starting it my start bar option is not on the screen and neither are my desktop icons.

Hence am not sure hot to acces my control panel and accessories or anything else on my start menu.

However i can acces all my files and most other programmes that are not on the start menu. My internet works well and everythin seems fine

does any1 no how to reclaim the start menu and my desktop icons.? PLease help.
Related:

4 responses

To gt round this, do CTRL+ALT+DEL and bring up task manager. Then select new task, and type explorer.exe and your start menu and icons should reappear.

Cheers
Hello thanks 4 d response, however unfortunatly typing in explorer.exe in new tasks under task manager has no effect at all is their an alternative method i can use.

please let me no many thnx sid
THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS HAPPENED TO MY FRIEND A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. HE ENDED UP BUYING A NEW COMPUTER.
THEN ABOUT 7 MIN AGO MY "MY COMPUTER" WENT INTO (NOT RESPONDING) MODE, WHEN I CTL+ALT+DEL AND ENDED IT, MY ICONS ALONG WITH MY START MENU WERE GONE. SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF ME. A QUICK RESTART AND NOTHING CHANGED, REMEMBERING HOW TO WORK AROUND THE COMPUTER WITH THE EXPERIANCE FROM MY FRIENDS PC, I GOT THE INTERNET RUNNING AND SEARCHED MY PROBLEM. YOUR ANSWER BEING THE SECOND LINK I SEARCHED THROUGH, YOU HELPED ME WITH MY PROBLEM AND FIXED MY COMPUTER IN LESS THAN 30 SEC. WITH ONE SENTENCE!! I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW YOUR HAVE MADE MY WEEK. THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR KNOWLEDGE HERE FOR ME TO FIND.

-DAVID
Thank you very much, that helped me a lot!!! GBU!
its working! thx alot fri
Thanks mmbcomputer that help alot
your a life saver. thank you.
thank you so much.....
Yayyy thankss :) :)