Laptop Speakers

Solved/Closed
SJW - Feb 15, 2009 at 01:49 PM
 alice - Apr 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Hello,
i have a hp compaq nx6310 which has just had a new keyboard fitted and since then my speakers won't work but when I plug a headset in the sound works through them, why won't my speakers wrk but my headphone jack does??
Related:

6 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 15, 2009 at 05:34 PM
When you plug in a headset two things happen. 1. a prong is bent back so that the laptop speakers are disconnected and 2. the headset is connected to the audio signal. When you un-plug the headset the the prong springs back and reestablishes the speaker connection. A number of people blame Ipod headsets for having plugs that are longer than standard and damaging the prong so that it can't spring back. Some people report that rapidly removing the headset plug has fixed the problem.

It is possible that the speaker wires were damaged during the keyboard replacement since they are very thin and may be exposed during the laptop disassembly.
Thank you xpcman. My speakers stopped working a couple of weeks ago, after I used iPod earbuds in my Dell Latitude D620. I tried rapidly removing my regular headset plug a few times and the problem is resolved. Very interesting! Thanks again.
I Can Hear Now!
Apr 27, 2010 at 09:23 PM
Yep, that worked like a charm!
Oh wow! Thank you! I had no idea, but that worked for me too!
WOW... It worked for me too in my Dell Latitude E5410 laptop.
I am having a hp compaq nx6310 which has just recently had an innovative keyboard fitted and in view of the fact that then my speakers might not work additional than when I plug a headset.. for more information : http://www.futurehardware.com/hdd-tv-tuners/933.htm
Awesomeeeeeeee !
Worked for me at magical number 7th attempt .
Thank you so much for posting thos solution! It worked like a charm. Thank you once again ^^
Shawty Wanna Be A Thug
Nov 5, 2009 at 02:30 PM
thank you so much I rapidly removed the plug off the headset like 15 times altogether and it works again thanks so much . . .. . .

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
lol - thanks a lot!! worked for me!!
I could not believe it when reading this article.

But it worked for my E5410 as well about ten times.

thank you!!!