BOOTMGR is missing and windows won't boot

Closed
Cris Sewan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2013 - Apr 14, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Cris Sewan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2013 - Apr 15, 2013 at 01:28 AM
My Acer laptop has been affected by virus and it even did not give me an option to boot from the boot manager, when I try to press F2 for my boot menu it did not work and instead the windows starts always, so I have directly install the windows form DVD option. I have successfully installed the new windows and even did delete the windows.old folder from C: Drive and installed the MS Office pack, but later the charge was over and it got shutdown and when I plugged in the charger I got this message saying BOOTMGR is missing. I thought of booting again but the boot menu doesn't come only the logo of acer, I have tried hitting CTRL+ALT+DEL for several times but it gives the same message. I even tried with the F8 key but no luck.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 14, 2013 at 09:40 PM
You can fix the boot manager using the Windows DVD. You can find full instructions at this site:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-bootmgr-is-missing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

Good Luck
Cris Sewan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 14, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2013
Apr 15, 2013 at 01:28 AM
Ok! I got the idea how to fix the problem but I cannot open my boot menu while tabbing F2 key which is for bot menu set up for my laptop. How can I open my boot menu even I can not open my system recovery menu while tabbing F8 key. Help me please.