I need help, have a window apear that says "open with"

Closed
Rromero10 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday April 21, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2013 - Apr 21, 2013 at 07:43 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Apr 22, 2013 at 03:01 AM
I know I have a virus, everytime i click on the internet explorer I get a window that reads. "open with" i always click cancel and internet pops up. but i am trying to download an antivirus it downloads but does not let me run it cause it says open with again. i click cancel and it does not work. i also try installing a new flash player and same thing happen. i want to get this fix cause i am tired of the open with, it has to be a virus or maybe a setting hopefully. plz your help will be appreciated. thanks
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 22, 2013 at 03:01 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First try to backup your registry.

Click on Start --> In search bar, type regedt32 and press Enter.

"Registry Editor" will be opened.

Click on "File --> Export" --> Save the file with any name in your desired location.

2) Now click on the below hyperlinks "exe fix" and "lnk fix" and follow the

instructions.

exe fix

lnk fix

Download the files --> Extract it --> Right-click on extracted registry file and

select "Merge".

Good Luck