Operating system not found

Closed
mcnarry89 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2013 - Jun 20, 2013 at 05:15 AM
mcnarry89 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2013 - Jun 20, 2013 at 06:05 PM
Hi all,

Can some1 plz help!!! I was on my laptop and it just stopped working, it now has a black screen and saying operating system not found. I have tried to follow the steps for toshiba recovery to factory settings but when i switch of and hold the zero key nothing happens it doesnt give me any options??? I read that this worked for lots of people so i dont understand why it doesnt give me any recovery options??

Any one any ideas what i can do now?

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jun 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Good Morning,

What a frustrating experience.

So when you push the power button, does a screen come up and say press f2 or f8 to make changes?

Hold down f2 before you go to power on the laptop in case fastboot is enabled.

If you were to push f2 or f8 what happens?

If you can get into the next screen after f2 or f8, but then if you go to reboot, and get no operating system, then your drive is 99.99% toast.

Hope this give you some direction.
mcnarry89 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2013
Jun 20, 2013 at 06:05 PM
Hi thanks very much for the reply... i thimk the percentage of my laptop being tosst was correct. I left it into some1 that knew about laptops and he said it wasnt recognising any hardrive so basocally the hardrive was gone!! Hoping it gets repaired but gutted everything on it is completely gone :(

Thanks for the help neways!