My Dell inspiron is not getting start

Closed
kalki1012 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday July 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2013 - Jul 20, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jul 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Hye guys,
Could you please help me out in this. My dell inspiron- M.no-N5050 in not getting start.
Last night i shut it down without any problem,although sometimes it used to hang and i had to shut it down by using power button.But it was not giving as such a huge problem. Now problem is that, although my battery is fine, my laptop is not getting start.I was thinking it has gone to hibernation mode,so i have tried the usual solution of detaching battery and cable cord-press start button for few secs-attaching battery and cablecord again-restart the laptop, but it is not getting start now also.Did any one encounter the same problem in the past.Please find me a solution
Related:

4 responses

TechMate Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday May 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2013 3
Jul 21, 2013 at 06:33 AM
does the computer get past dell screen or not ?
if yes please try pressing F8 unless you see advanced boot menu
select last known good configuration or safe mode with networking

let us know further so that we can discuss it and resolve it
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 21, 2013 at 06:57 AM
Hi kalki1012,

From your post I understand, you have tried draining the Flea Power by pressing and holding the power button while the power sources were disconnected but that didn't make any difference.

Do you observe any symptoms such as beep codes or any lights on the machine such as the power light, battery indicator etc.? If so, what is the color and state of the lights? What happens when you try to power on the computer using Fn + Power Button? If possible try to re-seat the memory modules in the computer. Refer to the service manual of the laptop for steps on how to re-seat the memory modules. If you are not comfortable removing the memory modules yourself, please seek a technician's help.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
kalki1012 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday July 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2013
Jul 21, 2013 at 07:36 AM
hye ,
No my laptop doesn't get any past dell screen.Not a single led is flashing even.I am unable to listen any sound from it after pressing power button as if my laptop is unable to receive any power. I would also like to tell that few days back also i did encounter the same problem, but after keeping the laptop on charging for few hours it got started The same thing happened again on the same morning, when my laptop get stuck off and was anable to show any sign of being alive.But this time also, after taking the same remedy of charging it for few hours did solve my problem. But now it is completely shattered.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Hi kalki1012,

What happens when your try to power on the Laptop using the AC Adapter only. If the computer works with AC Adapter without the battery, it indicates some problem with the battery. Also, when you are able to power on the computer after charging for few hours, try to run ePSA on your computer to determine there is no Hardware Failure. Dell ePSA can run a thorough test on the hardware components in your computer to ensure they are functional.

To run ePSA:

1. Tap F12 during startup.
2. Select Diagnostics.
3. The ePSA starts running the quick test without waiting for user input.
4. Tap the Esc key.
5. Select one hardware component at a time.
6. Click "Thorough" radio button at the bottom.
7. Click "Run Tests".
8. Repeat this process for each hardware component.

If the test returns any error code, please reply with the same.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6