Dell Inspiron 1546 won't start

Closed
harrymudd Posts 3 Registration date Friday September 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2018 - Sep 6, 2013 at 06:30 AM
 Oil Painting - Sep 13, 2013 at 06:16 AM
Model: PO2F

Hi,

My laptop just won't start. I tried draining Flea memory, etc. Still having the same problem. Please help, i don't want to take it in for repairs.

Thanks!

Harry.
Related:

4 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 6, 2013 at 02:58 PM
Hi Harry,

Try these steps and reply with results:

1. Remove all external peripherals and power source from the laptop and "Drain Flea Power". To "Drain Flea Power" after removing the AC Adapter and Battery press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
2. Connect the AC Adapter only and power on the computer, observe if you hear any beep codes or any other light indicators.
3. If no change is observed, repeat step 1 and remove the components in the following order:
a. Battery
b. Hard Drive
c. Optical Drive
d. Memory
e. WLAN Mini-Card
f. Keyboard
g. Bluetooth Card and Cable
Note: Please refer to the Service Manual for steps on removing these parts.
4. Repeat step 2 and check if there is any change or computer exhibits memory beeps.
5. If beeps are heard connect only one memory module and perform step 2.
6. If the computer seems to complete POST and boot to Windows try connecting the parts listed in Step 3 one by one. If the computer boots to Windows normally the issue is fixed. Else if the computer still not able to complete POST, try to isolate which of the remaining components is causing no POST.
The above steps are for isolating if any of the listed CRUs (Customer Removable Units) are causing any issues. If the issue persists please feel free to respond with the exact symptoms exhibited by the machine.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
harrymudd Posts 3 Registration date Friday September 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 24, 2018
Sep 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Now i get a beeping sound With everything connected. Still won't boot up.
sgartmart is an online art gallery dealing in affordable oil paintings and other custom made arts and paintings for your home and office interior needs
I tried your steps. I remove battery & HD my laptop is still not booting to post. As i removed the HD i observed a beeping sound, with battery in/out i have the same issues Please help.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Sep 9, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Hi harrymudd,

What is the number of beeps (such as one, two, three, etc.) that your hear?

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
I hear two beebs
Sounds crazy but it worked for a while until it went into sleep-mode after i closed the screen. Now the issue is back. What could this be?
Krbec Productions
Sep 13, 2013 at 06:06 AM
Krbec Productions High Impact Android App Puts your Business in the Market. Krbec Productions Delivers Unmatched Expertise in Web Development Services
Sep 10, 2013 at 04:53 PM
Hi Harry,

On an Inspiron 1546 two beeps indicate "No RAM detected". Try to re-seat the RAM (Memory Modules) and check if this fixes the problem. Check the Service Manual for steps on how to re-seat the Memory Modules.

Hope this helps.