Acer laptop can't connect to WiFi

Solved
joanwatson Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday March 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2015 - Updated on Apr 6, 2020 at 04:22 AM
 Hannah - Oct 4, 2019 at 03:15 AM
Hello.

I have been having problems recently with my Acer Aspire E 15. Since my sister brought my laptop to a friend's house, my laptop won't connect to our home wifi. I have tried a lot from resetting the router to resetting the wireless adapter and basically all that I can see on google. Whenever I try to connect to our home wifi, it always says "Unidentified Network. No internet access" even though the wifi symbol has excellent signal connection. I am contemplating on bringing my laptop to the store since it is still under warranty but I can't because I need my laptop for school.

Also, when I first tried restarting my laptop the internet worked. But now it never connects. I am just connecting my phone to my laptop and am using USB tethering to connect to the internet since all our other laptops and phones can connect to the wifi.
Any help is very much appreciated. I am very very frustrated already.

Thank you so much.
Related:

5 responses

CarlM5 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday August 30, 2016 Status Member Last seen September 16, 2016 56
Updated on Nov 26, 2018 at 03:16 AM
I bought an Aspire E5-575 and had the same problem. It's the first time I bought ACER so, I had no idea in what I was getting into.
I tried to work the problem out with the ACER online chat help. Don't waste your time.
Then I went to the source of all contemporary knowledge: the Internet, which to begin with showed me this has been a common problem for ACER for a very long time. I was already regretting the purchase with all my guts and after reading multiple treads about this, I did what finally worked for me. Here it is:
  • Go to "Device Manager" and click in the little arrow to the left of "Network Adapters" to open all the devices.
  • Right Click on "Qualcomm Atheros" and click in "Properties"
  • Click on the "Resources" tab and click on "Wireless Mode"
  • Change "Value" to "01-11b" (it was set in "12-11a/b/g/n/ab")
  • Click "ok" and make sure you are connected to your wifi network.

That's it. That worked for me although, to be honest, I don't know what I did so, if somebody think this was a bad idea for any reason, let me know.
Otherwise, enjoy your wifi.
Worked Fine, when I changed the value from 7 to 11.
Thank You.....