Samsung G2 Portable hard drive can't be detected by my macbook

Closed
mckmsha - Jun 9, 2015 at 07:58 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jun 11, 2015 at 02:57 AM
I've always used this in my macbook pro and it always work and I just used it last night. but now, it doesn't appear in my desktop nor on the sidebar. the LED light is on and I can hear the typical sound of a hard drive starting and there's slight vibration which always does before. It doesn't appear even on other mac laptops. I dont have any PC Computer near me so if you could help me with a mac solution. Thank you!
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jun 11, 2015 at 02:57 AM
Hi Mckmsha,

Is the drive visible in Disk Utility? Enter the manufacturer's web page and search for some diagnostic tool for Mac. I strongly recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. This issue sounds like a connectivity problem. The noises the drive makes and the vibration are actually a good sign. Do you have valuable data on the drive?

Hope this helps