Corrupted memory card which i can't open in the drive disk

Closed
lagotka Posts 1 Registration date Monday June 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2015 - Jun 15, 2015 at 06:22 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 16, 2015 at 07:45 AM
Hello,
i need help with my corrupted memory card which i can't open in the drive disk and at the same time, when i look at the properties, it shows 0bytes. what should i do?

Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 16, 2015 at 07:45 AM
Hello lagotka,

Welcome to Kioskea Forum

Use this Memory card Recovery software for the data in it.
And then try to format it using disk part
Go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type the command
Diskpart
and press enter
At the
Diskpart> prompt type list disk and press enter. This should list all of the Mass Storage drives on the computer by Drive #, size and if they are Online.
If your Flash Drive is listed then type select disk and add the disks # (eg) Select Disk 4 it should say the disk is selected.
Now type Clean, this will wipe the drive, so be sure to select the correct one.
Now type list disk again, it should say the drive is online and the size. Now it should be listed in Disk Management as Unallocated Space, here you can Right click the drive and choose new Simple Volume, and format it.
If this doesn't work,
then download HP Disk storage format tool
if none of them works, then the drive needs to be replaced.

Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you.