After shutdown my laptop takes 3-5 hours to start again

Closed
vasj Posts 1 Registration date Thursday July 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2015 - Jul 30, 2015 at 09:37 PM
BaCkToHaCk Posts 90 Registration date Thursday July 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2016 - Jul 30, 2015 at 10:32 PM
i have an acer b950 laptop once it is shutdown I have to wait for 4-5 hours only then it starts again. if I press power button right after shutdown it's not starting just power button light blinks once and gets off. what to do....?
Related:

1 response

BaCkToHaCk Posts 90 Registration date Thursday July 30, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2016 26
Jul 30, 2015 at 10:32 PM
Hi,

Start and type in the search box msconfig. Click on msconfig.exe then press enter.
A dialog box will pop up. Click on the Startup Tab. There will be list of all application that that start automatically when you boot up.
Here is where the knowledge plays a role. To distinguish between essential and non essential startup items
Real player's realsched.exe and Quicktime's qttask.exe are the first to disable if listed. It will not affect the actual application just prevent them loading junk.
In fact you can disable most except your anti virus application. All applications can be opened and closed manually.
I would disable everything, note which ones you have disabled, and reboot. The changes will not be made until the system is restarted. Reboot again and see if the shutdown process is faster. If so then you can either leave it as is or enable each disabled item one at a time doing the double reboot each time until the culprit is discovered.
If possible if you could post the list from msconfig here we may be able to recommend which entries to keep or Google each one and decide yourself.

There are some utilities that can help identify these and other auto start applications.
Microsoft free Autoruns for Windows

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns