Public sites that are password protected

Closed
runner22 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 4, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2015 - Oct 5, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Oct 5, 2015 at 12:48 AM
Anyone have ideas why my computer will connect and let me browse the internet on public websites that are not password protected, but if i need to enter a password for a public site, my internet shows "connected" but i can't browse any sites.
Where can i look for settings to allow browsing on a connection requiring authentication?
Or am i just crazy
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Oct 5, 2015 at 12:48 AM
Start off with a computer that has wireless capability. Most newer laptops will have a wireless modem but you may need to purchase and install one on a desktop.

Double-click the wireless Internet icon found in the bottom right corner of your taskbar. This icon could a small computer or three or four bars. The icon will differ based on your computer and modem.

Click either the "Wireless Networks" tab or the "View Wireless Networks" button in the window that opens up. Which option you have will differ based upon your computer and the modem in your computer.

Browse through the different WiFi networks. The public networks will be the ones without an "X" through the icon located next to the network.

Double-click on the public WiFi network and your computer will connect to the network. You can then close the window and begin browsing the Internet.

Then,

1)go to cmd prompt type

ipconfig/release
press enter
ipconfig/renew
press enter
or else

2)go to network & sharing center
adaptor setting right click on it
disable the connection n again enable it again...

Edit: Here is how How to use public wifi safely

<signature>Moderator/Hardware Technician
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you </span>