Spreadsheet

Closed
Swordfish031 Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 16, 2015 - Nov 16, 2015 at 08:05 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 16, 2015 at 06:11 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding this problem. I want when I enter in one cell code example: C.1.1.2., C.1.1.3, C.1.1.4. ..., that my other cell thats near fills certain data. I have tried creating my own database, but I have no experience in this complex problem.

I have one sheet with all the code and data organized in the row, now I need when I fill in on other sheet this code that nearby cell fills the defined data. More exact to be near that is Automatic Fill with entering certain words.

I think I'll need a VB expert.

Example of table:

A B
C.1.1.2. Data1
C.1.1.3. Data2

Plus I have a wide range of data that is defined by some code value, I just want to see if I have to use costum code or certain function in excel.

Thank you in advance!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 16, 2015 at 06:11 PM
OK, so because we are volunteers with full time jobs ourselves, we cannot provide a turn-key solution for what you are asking.

We can help if you have an idea of how to do it, and you are stuck on a code, or variable or something.

Please understand, if you post some code, we can help. Believe me, your question has more questions than answers. We would love to help.

I am not clear on what you are stuck with......let us know!

Have FUN!

P.s. Have you ever recorded a macro? Record a macro that does something like you are trying to do, and reverse engineer it. POst where you are stuck!