Internet is connecting but browser didnt work at all

Closed
Daemon - Nov 18, 2015 at 06:27 PM
 Daemon - Nov 18, 2015 at 08:29 PM
Hello,

I have tried everything from "cmd.exe" commands, running malwarebytes and adware remover software but nothing seems to work for me.

I've also tried "ping www.google.com" and "ping 4.2.2.2" both and received a reply.

Anything else i can try to fix this or reinstalling OS is the best solution?

please help, your help is very very much appreciated.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 18, 2015 at 06:56 PM
what browser(s) are you using?

Did you look for a Proxy Server? That's the most common malware modified setting.

What anti-virus product are you using and did you try testing with it disabled?

Did you try "power cycling" the router? (pull the power plug =wait 60 seconds before plugging it back in)

Did you test without the router? Plugging directly into the modem?
I'm using Maxthon most of the time, but all of the browser didnt work but other software (skype, steam, etc.) seems to be working fine.

Currently i have Trend Micro Max security as AV and I've tried using any of the browser with the AV and Window Firewall off but still having the same issue. Tried power cycling and conecting directly too but nothing seems to fix the problem.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > Daemon
Nov 18, 2015 at 07:10 PM
It appears that Windows has a problem with the DHCP service that converts the sites name into a numeric Internet address. There are a couple if registry fixes that might help. I will do some research and get back to you.
Daemon > xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019
Nov 18, 2015 at 07:15 PM
Thank you very much xpcman!...i agree, the problem happen after it install windows update. Another one of my laptop have the same problem and is fixed just by restore to the previous state using "system restore". The one im having problem with dont have the restore point before the update.

i'll be doing the same and let you know if i found a solution too. Thank you xpcman.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 18, 2015 at 07:43 PM
Perhaps deleting the 'network adapter" in Device Manager and then restarting Windows will reestablish the DHCP settings. When Windows starts it should find the hardware and redo all the settings.

Good Luck
Daemon > xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019
Nov 18, 2015 at 08:07 PM
i tried uninstall "wireless Network Connection" and it ask to restart. Once it restarted, it automatically connect to the internet. but still nothing with the browser tho, i still can't connect any of the browser and Maxthon end up in crash error.

really considering to reinstall OS now. Any other option i can try?