Wifi connected but no Internet, must read very wierd situation

Closed
pulk97 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2015 - Nov 26, 2015 at 10:28 PM
fotnox Posts 4 Registration date Friday February 20, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2016 - Dec 4, 2015 at 05:15 AM
Hello,

I have this Arris router and when I hook it up normally, everything works fine, all the lights that are supposed to be on are on and phones and tablets can connect to it. The only problem is that no PC can connect to it. It's not a PC issue because I first had this problem with my HP Pavillion DV7, and to fix this I just plugged a Linksys router into the Arris router because the Linksys does not have the slot for a cable line, and basically I am just using Linksys wifi. And I got an new computer recently, a HP Envy desktop, and it is having that same problem connecting.The only problem I have with this is the Arris router is so much better than the Linksys. Now here is the weird part, I was looking through the Arris router information page(the 192.168.0.1 thing) and it has 2.4 and 5.0 GHz capabilities. Now, a while back this new wifi popped up called YasVer, and I was confused as to what that was. Looking into my settings, the Aries router is telling me that the 2.4 is Yasver, and the 5.0 is the connection that is known for not being able to be connected to. I can not connect to either, I am pretty sure this is a router configuration problem. And by the way, I could never connect to this router, at all. Oh, it is through Time Warner Cable, and the technician came and said my wifi was running fine ( I am pretty sure it was because he was using a tablet thing)

If you need to know any more info I will reply, please help, I am on the verge of buying a new router! Oh and when I go to my friends house who has a Netgear router, I can connect to it fine with the HP Pavillion

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 27, 2015 at 01:27 PM
It you use two routers then you will have DHCP problems with the second one. I suggest you read this:

https://support.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/articles/204524383-Can-I-connect-two-routers-to-the-same-network-with-the-same-network-name-

Good Luck
fotnox Posts 4 Registration date Friday February 20, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2016
Dec 4, 2015 at 05:15 AM
Check your adapter setting on network and sharing center. At times, maybe your ipv4 is not checked