Keyboard not detected

Closed
Agicomtech. - Dec 9, 2015 at 04:10 AM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Dec 9, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Hello,

Please help me out of the problem. My keyboard has just stopped working, I can't remember the combination keys that I pressed. Hence my keyboard is no longer light up at startup and does not accept any command from me. When I connect the keyboard to another computer it works.

p

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Dec 9, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Hi Agicomtech.

Do any other keyboards work?

My guess is that the drivers are corrupt in some way. Try uninstyalling the keyboard from your computer using Device manager.

You dont say which operating system you use so I will describe for windows 7, but it is much the same in 8 and 10.

With your keyboard plugged in:
- Open the start button and right click on on "Computer"
- Choose "Manage"
- When it opens click on "Device Manager"
- expand "Keyboards" in the right hand window by clicking on the arrow or double clicking on the word "Keyboards"
- right click on your keyboard and choose "Uninstall"
- if a dialogue box comes up asking you if you want to delete the driver make sure you dont tick the box to uninstall it (you want to keep the driver so it will install later). Agree to uninstall the keyboard though.
- When the uninstall has completed, in the menu bar at the top click on "Action"
- Choose "scan for hardware changes.

After a moment the keyboard will be redetected and be installed again. Hopefully it will work now.

Please let me know how you get on.