Ransom ware Help Needed to Open Facebook Account.

Closed
Jughead - Apr 5, 2016 at 05:18 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 7, 2016 at 04:58 PM
My computer was recently infected with a ransom ware virus. This has now been cleared but not before it disabled my facebook account. All was working well then suddenly I was asked to log in and facebook now refused to recognise any of my email addresses.

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 5, 2016 at 05:36 PM
Is your page still online?
I assume so as a second account I have allows me to access is as a visitor.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 5, 2016 at 06:21 PM
My educated guess is that in the process, your account was hacked or equivalent there of.

I would report it as such it may help to recover your account. However, sometimes Facebook just disables account which are reported as hacked.

I suspect that the ransomware has changed of few things on your computer such as proxies and dns, hence Facebook does not recognize your machine as the primary device.

Delete all of your temporary files and cookies and try to connect to fb again.

I would be most interested to know how you contracted the virus and how you proceeded to rid your computer of the ransomware; some are impossible to get rid of.

Good luck

Ambucias
Moderator, Virus/Security Contributor
Ill give that a try and report back to you tomorrow anad let you know if it worked. No idea where the ransomware came form but I have Enigma Spyware installed and they found it. I contacted Enigma and they sent me a fix to apply.

Will be in touch on the morrow as it's late here in the UK
Hi there again. First let me apolagise for not replying to you yesterday as promised but things kept me away from here for most of the day.

You are right in surmising that there is an corrupted file I think as I was still having problems getting into Facebook however with the help of my daughter and a separate computer she ascertained that my account was still live and by using one of my other email addresses she managed to log me back into my account on her computer. Everything's running normally on there now.

Thanks for your advice. I did delete all cookies and temporary files but to no avail. Thanks again.
Apr 7, 2016 at 04:58 PM
Thank you for returning to me, I much appreciate it.

May I suggest that you must be careful on the web, there are always some kind of an evil thinking being on the look out for a prey.