WD password doesnt work after fall

Closed
Praboda - Apr 26, 2016 at 11:09 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 27, 2016 at 10:16 AM
Hello,

My WD Password hard disk fell down and now cannot open. when i plug it to my laptop it just creates a tik tik sound.

how can i get my files back? Please help me.

God Bless You!

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 27, 2016 at 10:16 AM
Hello Praboda,

It's a pity what happened to the external disk, isn't it? In some situations the after fall the disks cannot be recovered, but let's hope that's not the case. My suggestion is to connect the WD My Passport drive to different computers and use different USB cables if you have any. If can't find where to test it, try with data recovery software. On the Internet there are many programs that could help you with that. You could also try to extract the data via Linux CD Live.
If nothing helps, I' m afraid you'll have to bring your external device to a data recovery company. Here's a list of them in case that you haven't already contacted any: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=Q4wNLJ
Keep me posted on the case.

Good luck!