Western digital my book 3tb formatted drive

Closed
reza tavakoli - Oct 19, 2016 at 01:44 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 21, 2016 at 04:12 AM
Hello,

i have e western digital my book 3tb and gave it to my friend to copy some files but he says he formatted the drive i dont know what i should to do now
if he formatted the drive before entering the password of device is there any chance to recover of after entering wrong passwords?

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 20, 2016 at 02:59 AM
Hi Reza Tavakoli,

Unfortunately, the only way to recover the information is to use a data recovery tool or to call a data recovery company. Could you tell me if the drive is working normally? It is very important not to use the drive and not to save information on it, because you may overwrite your previous files. If the missing files are really important, search for a professional assistance. If the drive was not used after formatting and is working normally, there may be a good chance to recover most of the files. If you wish to try and recover the files by yourself, check the link below for some software suggestions:
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/

Sadly problems like this occur once in awhile. I would recommend you to keep a backup copy of all your important data on a separate storage device.

Hope this helps

reza tavakoli
Oct 20, 2016 at 04:14 PM
Hi
yes the device works normally and i did not use that after the problem there is no file transfered
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > reza tavakoli
Oct 21, 2016 at 04:12 AM
That’s good news. It means that you may good chances to recover part of the missing information or all of it. Have you tested some data recovery tools? Have in mind that if one software cannot recover the data, you may have better results with another one. Different programs may show different results, but in general multiple data recovery attempts might make future professional recovery a bit harder. So, if the data is really important and you did not manage to save the information with the most popular recovery tools, it may be wise to seek professional support.