Copying data from one Excel sheet to another. [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Remedial 2Posts Thursday May 7, 2009Registration date May 8, 2009 Last seen - Last answered on Jun 13, 2017 at 06:47 AM by Spartan
Hello,

Newbie here.

Okay, I have an Excel workbook that houses a form on the first sheet. What I'm trying to do is to automatically copy the data entered into the rows that are housing the inputted data into a separate sheet that will be used as a database. The database will maintain all of the various entries that have been made into the form for the various clients.

I was able to find an answer on Allexperts that basically delineates everything that I'm trying to do.

Here's the link:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Excel-1059/2009/2/Excel-2153.htm

I don't know how to create a shadow form, but I'm sure that's nothing a quick google search can't solve. I'd also like to create the SUBMIT button macro mentioned on the page.

The only other thing that I would like to do with my form that is not covered on the Allexperts page is to limit data entry to "specific" cells so that those entering data won't enter it into the wrong cells.

Any guidance or assistance in creating any of these items (shadow form, Submit button macro, dynamic row pointer) would be great.

I'll let you guys know what I can find.

One question, though:

Should the database include separate columns with headings for each of the rows within which data will be entered?

Thanks.
See more 
Helpful
+385
plus moins
It's as simple as this:
On the sheet you want to copy to go to the cell you want and type = (DO NOT HIT ENTER)
Then go to the sheet with the info and click on the cell you want to copy and hit enter.
And you're done!
Hope this helps :)
Was this answer helpful?  
HH- Nov 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Excellent ! Thanks !
tracey- Nov 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM
That is ok But I need more than 1 cell. I need the whole book. becuase someone else enters the information in the 1 book but we also need that information and it we can format for it to automaticly pull it over that would be wonderful. maybe that is to much or wishful thinking..
feetoo- May 9, 2017 at 06:01 AM
thnk u very much!!
Spartan- Jun 13, 2017 at 06:47 AM
Simply helped me in the easiest way

Thank you
Helpful
+154
plus moins
Similarly, does anyone know how to take the data from one cell, and transfer across different sheets?

For example: copy name, address, phone number to multiple to different sheets and differnent cells in those sheets?
Helpful
+40
plus moins
To create form go to visual basic editor (ALT + F11) >>Insert>> Userform
find how to fill controls (text boxes, labels, buttons) into a userform by searching in google
When userform is created and make a macro to show that userform
on clicking the submit button on the form,
find the lastrow in the database sheet (use google) , get all the field values to each cell in the last row
eg. sheets("Database").cells(lastrow+1,1).value=userform1.textbox1.text
sheets("Database").cells(lastrow+1,2).value=userform1.textbox2.text
etc
Helpful
+25
plus moins
ok so after many weeks of fiddling about I finally developed a macro that you tag to a click button (from forms) right click and assign macro. Then paste this into the VB field:

Sub Button1_Click()
Worksheets("Analysis").Range("I4").Value = Worksheets("Amortization").Range("D4")
Worksheets("Amort_Data").Range("N2").Value = Worksheets("Amortization").Range("L9")
Worksheets("Analysis").Range("I6").Value = Worksheets("Amortization").Range("D14")
Worksheets("Amort_Data").Range("P2").Value = Worksheets("Amortization").Range("L10")
End Sub

Using the second line as an example, once the button is clicked it will copy data in cell D$ from my "Amortization" sheet to cell I4 on my "Analysis" sheet. ie if you haven't changed sheet names you would be copying from sheet 1 to sheet 2. For each different cell that you wish to copy to another sheet, you must enter a new line. In my program I have created I have 1 click button that copies 18 variables from one sheet to another. these all have to be entered manually. This works perfectly for me as I have a Loan Amortization on sheet 1 and I wish to copy data outputs from sheet 1 to sheet 2. I have 8 different buttons on my first sheet that perform different actions.

If you need more help please reply to my post here!

Hope this helps
Geoffrey
shyam- Oct 17, 2009 at 04:46 AM
Hi
I also need exactly this kind of program made in excel.
I have my cash cards selling shop that deals with about 100 customers. I want to create a data entry form in one excel sheet and store the data as databse in same or another sheet.
Could u please send me a wizard or a model excel file for this.
I would be greatful to you.
Thank you
xaidi- May 6, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Hi Geoffrey;
Would you please tell me is copy and paste possible between 2 different workbooks. I have about 20 workbooks and I want to copy the date from each workbook to the master book as wrbook1,wrbook2.............wrbook20 = master book. in other works between 10-20 rows and about 60 columns from each wrbook1...........wrbook20 should be consolidated into mater work book and master book would have 0-200 rows and 60 columns and contains each wrbook's data individually on one WORKSHEET of master workbook.????????????/

regards
Xaidi
yuki- Aug 18, 2010 at 08:45 AM
how to do the program? sorry I dont know how to.. pls help me guide to do the step by step program in excel... pls send me email at EMail Id removed for security. thnks. it will be a big help.... :)
Helpful
+11
plus moins
Dim total as Long

total = thissheet.range("A" & 1).value + thissheet.range("A" & 1).value + thissheet.range("B" & 1).value + _
thissheet.range("C" & 1).value

Now I would like to copy this "total" to thissheet.range("E" & 1) 'total of A B C to E

Any help on this.

Regards,
Herald A.
Helpful
+10
plus moins
Hi Geoffrey,

I'm working on this code, I will share the code ASAP on this blog.

Regards,
Herald A.
ckdiggy- Aug 24, 2009 at 08:02 AM
Hi There

This is exactly what I am looking for to complete a project...

If poss, could you send template/code to Email Id removed for security also.

Many Thanks

Ross
Antohere- Oct 20, 2009 at 07:09 AM
Hi Ross,

Sorry for the late reply, appologies that I couldnt reply to any of the emails, coz I was posted to another country on work ( 3~4 months) and high priority work.

I read all your emails, I will post the draft copy of this excel this evening and by end of this month I will upload the completed version of this excel.

Also, can anyone help me how to upload the excel on this web site (i mean steps or procedure).

I would like to do this coz I got initial help from this site, sure this will help others too.

Regards,
Herald A.
Email Id removed for security
Helpful
+10
plus moins
Alot of work? You are kidding me right? That's basic VB. Grow up and stop trying to hustle people into paying for your B$ excel work. A lot of work..

i'm still laughing.
Geoffs87- Oct 8, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Im so glad your laughing... yes the one code was not much work "broham" however the other 11 sheets, 32 pieces of code and well I think its 1600 cells of inputed data I had to manually enter... yeah not much work for someone who never used excel before...

Grow up and learn not to bag someone for things they are TRYING to learn themselves, WITHOUT first knowing what they went to to get there.

Oh and I don't sell things people can get for free buddy. It's a University assignment, and I don't much feel like distributing something freely after ive spent about 3 months of sleepless nights on.

Go play World of warcraft if your such a nerd and can do this in your sleep. keep "loling" mate.

Stay Tough

Geoffrey
4kevinf- Nov 28, 2009 at 04:59 PM
Hi Geoffrey,
I am attempting to create a 'Form' in Excel. I want clients to be able to enter their mortgage data on a single screen. In the background I have created the ammortizaiton schedules for 15,20 & 30 year loans with interest, principal and running balance. I also have a worksheet that contains all of the closing costs associated with refinancing their current loan into a loan product of their choosing.

I don't understand how to use the 'LoanEntryForm' to move the data into the spreadsheet or vice-versa. I hope to move the particulars between the 2 apps and then create ROI charts. So when the consumer enters their data they see graphic representation of how it 'works' in the future.

I am stuck at the point of getting the 'button' in VB to go and grab the data from excel. Or I can't even get the button to send the data into excel so it can do the cruncning...

any advice.

thanks,
K
Helpful
+8
plus moins
Dim total as Long

total = thissheet.range("A" & 1).value + thissheet.range("A" & 1).value + thissheet.range("B" & 1).value + _
thissheet.range("C" & 1).value

Now I would like to copy this "total" to thissheet.range("E" & 1) 'total of A B C to E

Any help on this.

Regards,
Herald A.
Helpful
+8
plus moins
Still need help on this... any expert out there? I'm able to group data. but not able to copy into indivudual spreadsheets and/or Workbooks. Please help

Thanks,
Helpful
+6
plus moins
How to Write a program Move multiple rows in excel using java
Helpful
+3
plus moins
I'm trying to do something similar as well for a gardening project where I need data entered in one page and moved to an array of other pages containing specific data from the page entered, I would love the template and advice if this template could be modified as such.
EX: bed a we harvested 5 lbs squash I need that info to jump to another page just pertaining to bed A.

My email for the template is Email Id removed for security
Thanks in advance
yuki- Aug 18, 2010 at 09:55 AM
hi...

i also need this kind of program. thnks for the big help..... :) pls send me details at Email Id removed for security
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Do you have a sample of the above discussion, if yes can u plz email me at Email Id removed for security
Geoffs87- Sep 27, 2009 at 06:54 PM
Sorry mate... this program I constructed was alot of work and not for distribution. I can help with creating your own if you need.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
i have a similar need: map one db so it aligns with the template db. the fields are similar but in different order.

if you have teh code that does this please link me to it.

thanks,
billy
cavu- Feb 8, 2010 at 05:03 AM
oh God,
i'm searching for this for sooo long...

I've got the same problem, and I need it for my work.
can anybody please send me this worksheet?

i've got 1. (main) sheet where the data is suposed to be,
and 2.,3., and 4. sheets are data which are supposed to be inserted into the first sheet.

so it should extract data from (i.e sheet 3(3. row) ) and put it in sheet 1 in desired rows

please, please
thank you in advance..

e-mail: Email id removed for security
Helpful
+1
plus moins
change thissheet. to activesheet and try
Helpful
+1
plus moins
some body pls send me a copy of the excel file,so that I will be helped
binukalarickan@gmail.com
Helpful
+1
plus moins
How would you keep the same Formatting (as far as text position, Underlined, Bold, Etc.) from the original cell data is pulled from?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
If possible, could you please share the excel template (final or draft) for this requirement if you already have made one ?
It would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much.
VBnewbie AntoHere - Oct 28, 2009 at 01:09 PM
I also would appreciate a copy of the template for this as it is exactly what I've been wracking my brain on for the last 2 months! Thanks much!
Wishywoo- Feb 9, 2010 at 04:40 AM
Please send me the spreadsheet as well.
Thanks
Corrinne AntoHere - Oct 29, 2009 at 04:32 PM
Would it be possible for you to send me that same spreadsheet?

Thanks
Corrinne
SHELDON201987- Jan 18, 2010 at 04:56 AM
plzzzzzzzzzzz give me copy this excel sheet
Gouws 46Posts Sunday February 7, 2010Registration date April 15, 2012 Last seen AntoHere - Feb 8, 2010 at 01:09 AM
Hi

I also searched the net and also would like to get hold of the info on how to setup a form that can save the data and be re-used. I would appreciate it if you can help.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
HI I need to do something like this for a College class and I have no idea how to do it!, please can someone email me a copy of this code to afterpartyshirts@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
Geoffrey
Helpful
+0
plus moins
All,

I'm looking for similar type macro. I'm brand new on this.

Scenario: I have set o data with a unique set of data in column A, Also, same coloum A has multiple data set as well. A good example: Manager 1 has 10 employee( first name, last, Address, Phone …..) Manager 2-- the same. I would like to create a macro that can create every manager into their own worksheet or a workbook. I really need help as I have no Idea where to start.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mikel
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi
I would be grateful if you could also email me this code. It is exactly what I am looking for! I am a complete VB novice. EMail Id removed for security

Many thanks

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?