Pen drive not detected

Closed
anantha - Jan 28, 2017 at 06:31 AM
 anantha - Feb 1, 2017 at 08:11 AM
Hello,

One of the pen drives that's been working fine on my laptop until yesterday is not detected today. Under 'Disk management', it's drive 'E' shows as 'no media' - Please HELP ! Thanks !

Related:

3 responses

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 30, 2017 at 03:49 AM
Hi Anantha,

I would recommend you test the drive on another PC. Does the issue persist? If so, connect it to your PC and open Command Prompt. Type the following command:
Chkdsk E: /r

Wait for the process to end and try to access the pendrive. If this is not possible, then open Device Manager, uninstall the device, restart the PC and plug the drive back in. The OS should automatically reinstall the drivers. If the issue still persists and the drive is not accessible even on another PC, you may need to replace the pendrive.

Hope this helps

Hi !

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately, no success. Chkdsk command gives 'can't open volume for direct access'. And the drive is not detected in other PCs too

My other pendrives open just fine in my laptop
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Feb 1, 2017 at 04:15 AM
Unfortunately, it is highly possible that the pendrive has been damaged. The good news is that your PC seems to be running fine. I would suggest you to get a new pendrive.
If you have important data stored on the drive, try using a data recovery tool. I leave you some suggestions in the link below.
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/

Is the pendrive recognized when connected to a TV?
Hi ! It appears that I've to give up on this pendrive. It's not showing up on TV either.

But much appreciate your taking time to reply with suggestions.

anantha