Ipod files missing

Closed
Chil - Jun 10, 2008 at 09:35 AM
whitesoxkitty90 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2010 - Mar 4, 2010 at 04:13 PM
Hello,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help. I have been using my Ipod as a drive to save files on (non music), however all of a sudden i cant seem to see them. When i right lick to see the space available on the Ipod it still shows that the content is still there.

Not sure if i have explained myself properly but am hoping one of you IT guru's might be able to help.

Tahnks

2 responses

iPod arnt generally programmed to use misc files. They tend to delete them off the system if it is unknown to Apple. MP3 players are more likely to work as they are similar to Flash Drives. The files you CAN see are likely to be dead. Just shortcuts more or less. The best way is to use a USB Flash Drive or an MP3 Player. Not reccomended for iPod's.

I hope this helps.
Thanks Heathy,

Would there be any way that i can recover these files, i have had the files on the Ipod for a while now and they have just gone AWOL. I keep losing my flash disks, and decided to use my Ipod instead (a bit harder to lose).

Or should i accept that i have lost them for good.
whitesoxkitty90 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday March 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2010
Mar 4, 2010 at 04:13 PM
i'm not sure how to help, but i have a similar problem. Sometimes, for the fun of it, i take really dumb movies. For example, I have a 1 minute movie of my hand. I have another movie that is 30 second long of me pressing random buttons on my t.v. remote. I want to remove them, but when I click on my ipod in itunes and try viewing my movies, the folder is empty. I know the movies are still on my ipod and they are just taking up space. I want them gone! Please help me if you can!
Thanks!