Did you know you could access over 500 galleries and museums from your home? Here we list all the cultural activities you can enjoy using online services to visit lots of different sites. Over 500 virtual galleries and museums are waiting for you.
Google Arts and Culture
Once on the site, you can sort through the content in any way you see fit. You can search via artist, medium, art movement, historical events, historical figures, and places, among others. As you scroll through the list and browse the works of art and curations, you will be able to enjoy virtual museum tours, inspect paintings in HD and importantly, take as much or little time as you like.
Below is a list of some of the most popular museums and galleries, and will surely be more than enough for you to get your culture fix:
- Tate Britain - London
- Freud Museum - London
- National Gallery of Art - Washington
- Van Gogh Museum - Amsterdam
- Musée d’Orsay - Paris
- Rijksmuseum - Amsterdam
- MOMA - Museum of Modern Art - New York
- 360 Videos offers a cultural experience in 360 degrees.
- Street View is a tour of famous sites and landmarks.
- Art Camera lets you discover details you might have missed.
This is not an exhaustive list and all of the remaining art galleries and museums that you can visit are available on the Google Arts and Culture website here.
- The Louvre offers online tours and virtual visits direct from its website.
- The Guggenheim gallery in Bilbao offers you 1,700 artworks by more than 625 artists here.
- One of the most well-renowned museums, the Smithsonian Natural History Museum provides you with a virtual tour of the entire grounds here.