is an office suite that can be an alternative to Microsoft Office. It contains a word processor, a worksheet creator, a base manager and other tools.
Note:The latest version of Libre Office no longer supports Windows XP and Windows Vista. If you are using these operating systems, click here to download a compatible version.
- Writer: this tool is a practical word processor. It can replace Microsoft Word for creating all types of text documents as it includes all necessary features for editing documents easily.
- Worksheets: LibreOffice also offers a tool for creating worksheets. This utility is called "Calc" and is an interesting alternative to Excel. The user is provided with a wizard to guide him through the use of various functions.
- Presentations: with LibreOffice, it is possible to create media presentations easily, like with MS PowerPoint. It offers the ability to edit and generate presentations using different modes: normal, outline, handout and slide sorter.
- Database: this office suite also includes a tool for managing database just like Microsoft Access. It supports almost all popular database engines such as MySQL, MS Access and PostgreSQL.
- LibreOffice is open source and is downloadable for free.
- Each tool is accessible via an intuitive and user-friendly interface that makes its handling simple.