Also known as Spybot S&D, Spybot Search & Destroy
is a software designed to detect automatically different types of spyware and adware by scanning the computer itself and deleting completely a selected data.
- Scan: Spybot- Search & Destroy launches a complete scan of the system once the installation is done. This process does not take too much time and starts from the registry to tracking cookies.
- Repairs: the application also repairs all infected programs. Repairs start from winsock LSPs, ActiveX objects, PUPS, computer cookies, browser hijackers and BHOs, trackerware, heavy duty, homepage hijackers, LSP, tracks, keyloggers, trojans, spybots, revision, and other kinds of malware. It deletes with your authorization all unwanted and malicious softwares.
- TeaTimer module: this feature is optional. Users have to choose to install it or not. Nevertheless, it is providing the system with some active and real-time protection against unwanted registry changes.
- Compatibility: the software can be accommodated into all versions of Windows and can be manipulated easily if the user follows the instructions given in the editor's website. It can also be switched into different kinds of languages with various skins.
- Updates are available weekly for the safety of the computer.
- Spybot Search & Destroy is often mistaken as anti-viruses although it is an anti-spyware.
Latest update on May 20, 2015 at 06:11 AM.