Wireshark is good at detecting network problems and pulling an IP address!
What is Wireshark? Wireshark is a packet “sniffer”, meaning that it is a tool programmed to detect the circulating packet on the network. It analyses this latter in a transparent manner. This is the Wireshark download page.
- Analyzing: The main feature of Wireshark is to analyze and to detect if there are any symptoms of network problems. For instance, blocked connection or refused connection, slow application response time as well as content redirection are the key problems that Wireshark can resolve.
- Customization: With Wireshark, it is possible for the user to show and hide the toolbar. Many features are also available to customize the interface. To activate them, you only have to adjust the appropriate option in the menu bar.
- Virus detection: Sometimes Wireshark can work as an antivirus. Indeed, with Wireshark, it is possible to identify the network hosts that may contain the malicious packets such as viruses or malware. It is able to block them.
- Supported protocols: The software supports decryption for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, and many others.
- Wireshark IP Puller: Wireshark can help you to pull an IP address of the unidentified host and get more information about it.
How to use Wireshark?
What Wireshark is used for? Wireshark lets you analyze what’s happening on your network at a microscopic level. It can be a little bit hard to use without training but luckily Wireshark offers free tutorials and classes that are available on its website.
Is Wireshark free?
Wireshark is open source and free.
Is Wireshark safe?
Wireshark is safe and legal to use, though you should be very careful about how you use it and for what purpose.
- OS: Windows 8.1, 10
- Processor: Any modern 64-bit AMD64/x86-64 or 32-bit x86 processor.
- RAM: 500 MB available RAM
- Disk space: 500 MB available disk space
- Display: Any modern display. 1280 × 1024 or higher resolution is recommended. Wireshark will make use of HiDPI or Retina resolutions if available.
Wireshark is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux. Wireshark can also be downloaded on Android and iOS devices.
Photo – www.wireshark.org