Paint.NET download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Paint.NET is an image editing solution that offers a reliable environment to use all kinds of tools, apply effects, crop, edit, compose layers, and create whatever image composition you want. Give it a try, and you will quickly realize how powerful and simple to use it is.
What is Paint.NET?
Paint.NET is a raster graphics editor program initially created in 2004, which has evolved over the years to become a program for editing mainly graphics and pictures. It offers many useful simple features in a lightweight environment and supports plugins. Even though it seems simple, it provides some features similar to those in Adobe Photoshop and GIMP.
What are the key features of Paint.NET?
- Interface: Paint.NET offers a minimalistic yet powerful interface that drastically eases the learning process. You will find all the main categories at the top of the interface, including Tools, History, Layers, and Colors.
- Image editing: It offers many tools to adjust, edit, or crop images, including adjusting the image's brightness, hue, and contrast, modifying curves, saturation, levels, etc. You will also be able to use many different effects to blur, sharpen, distort, emboss, dent, or crystalize. Last but not least, you can use more exotic tools like the magic wand, and many different brushes.
- Layer system: The flexible layer system allows you to perform non-destructive modifications on specific parts of the image and combine effects more efficiently.
- Expandable: As it supports plugins, you can easily add more robust features, like image adjustments, new effects, extended file types support, the ability to render a 2D drawing into a 3D shape, and lots more. Hundreds of plugins have been produced.
- Lightweight: Many optimizations have been performed to boost performances and reduce memory footprint.
- Batch processing: It is possible to work on several images at once.
How does Paint.NET work?
Once installed and launched, you can start to add different shapes. Add images and texts, and build your masterpiece using layers and all the other features. Once done, you can save or export the result in one of the many supported formats. Over the years, a strong community has supported Paint.NET, so you can also consult valuable tutorial resources online.
Is Paint.NET free?
Yes, Paint.NET is free to use.
Is Paint.NET safe?
Paint.NET offers a very safe environment.
Is Paint.NET better than Photoshop?
Paint.NET offers a reliable set of powerful tools to edit images considered more suitable for beginners. On the other hand, Photoshop is a more complex environment, but it is designed for professionals.