Shiira is a web browser designed by developers of the Shiira Project. It aims to be used as an alternative to Safari and all other known browsers.
Note: the version linked to this page is one of the two last versions of Shiira to exist.
What are the key features of Shiira?
- Rendering and script engine: In order to offer full performance to its users, Shiira relies on Webkit as rendering and script engine. This technique has been inherited from Safari and offers all its advantages without encoutering bugs.
- Privacy protection: Shiira is a safe browser that includes a feature for automatic deletion of history of online activities. It then offers to suppress not only personal and sensitive data such as login and passwords but also cookies and all temporary files.
- Customizable: The main advantage with this program is the fact that it is fully customizable. For example, the user is free to choose the search engine of their choice instead of settling for default one.
- Tabs: Apart from the features mentioned above, Shiira also allows to open several tabs within a single window. It is worth noticing that whatever the number of opened tabs, the browser is not slowed down and continues working as fast as before.
Is it free?
The download and use of Shiira is entirely free of charge.
- Shiira browser
- Torch Browser > Download - Browsers
- Flock Browser > Download - Browsers
- UC Browser > Download - Browsers
- Open Twitter links in Chrome or other mobile browser > Guide
- What is the new Arc browser: download, MacOS, iOS > Guide