Safari download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
First released in January 2003, Safari is Apple's web browser for Mac OSX and Apple iOS. It is offering multiple features and some of them are detailed below.
What are the key features of Safari?
- Fast and private browsing: Safari is considered one of the fastest web browsers on the market. It also lets you use the private more and offers you a tool that removes formatting and ads from web pages.
- Safari extensions: A wide choice of Safari extensions allow the customization of the web browsing experience and integration of various useful apps into your web browser.
- Synchronization: If you are an iOS and macOS user, the Safari browser will automatically synchronize all your favorites, bookmarks, and search history between your devices to facilitate the use of the browser.
- Tab groups: A new Safari feature available on macOS Monterey. You can group and organize your tabs the way you want to and open them with just one click.
- Streamlined tab bar: The new macOS Monterey's Safari offers you a more user-friendly and clean tab bar with more space, floating tabs, and the color of the website you are on.
How to use Safari?
Set up a Safari browser as a default web browser
- On your macOS, go to Apple menu > System Preferences and click on General.
- Click the Default web browser and then select Safari.
Update the Safari
It’s always better to use the latest version of any app on your computer, that’s why you should update your Safari browser from time to time.
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Software Update.
- Your computer will search for available updates and suggest them to you.
- Click on Upgrade Now and wait until the process is completed.
- You can also enable the automatic Safari update by checking the Automatically keep my Mac up to date.
Is Safari free?
Safari comes with macOS for free.
Is Safari safe?
Safari is quite a safe web browser, and it offers a private browsing mode. Although it’s still a good idea to use an antivirus.