Respondus LockDown Browser download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
What is Respondus LockDown Browser? Based on Google's open-source framework Chromium, Respondus LockDown is a browser that temporarily locks down the access to all other applications on a student's computer, with the purpose of preventing cheating during exams. Welcome to our Respondus LockDown Browser download page.
- Simplified Browser Menu: When using LockDown, several options in the browser menu and toolbar will be disabled. Students will only be able to go Back, Forward and Refresh the current page.
- Prevent Access to Other Apps: During the exam, all external applications become inaccessible, making it practically impossible for the student to cheat. Applications that are disabled by Respondus LockDown include screen-sharing, Microsoft Office and similar office tools, messaging, and remote desktops.
- Disable Standard OS Functions: The basic functions of the operating system of the student's computer will be disabled, such as printing, screen capture, right-click, task switching, etc.
- Continuous Assessment: Students are not able to exit their assessment until it is submitted for grading.
How to Download Respondus LockDown Browser?
if you are a student, an instructor of your educational institution will provide you with a download link, which you can use to download and install the browser to your laptop or desktop computer. The application is available for Windows and Mac operating systems.
How To Use Respondus LockDown Browser?
You may be wondering how to use Respondus LockDown browser? Once you have installed the browser to your computer, you can double-click its desktop icon to open it. At startup, you will automatically be taken to the login page of the institution. From here you can access your exam.
A question that many students have, is does Respondus LockDown Browser record you? This actually depends on the instructions of your institution. For certain exams, you may be asked to activate the Respondus LockDown Browser webcam feature. If the feature is turned on, your webcam will indeed record you during your exam. This once again is a tool to prevent cheating.
Is Respondus LockDown Browser Free?
No, it is not a free application. LockDown Browser is available for education institutions that can purchase an annually renewable license. Licenses are available for different ranges of students. The smallest license covers between 1 and 2000 students. For more information on the different licenses, you can visit the Respondus pricing page.
- Windows: Windows 10 or 8, and 75 MB available disk space.
- Mac: macOS 10.12 and higher and 120 MB free disk space.
Images © Respondus, Inc.
- Torch browser > Download
- Sorry, something went wrong please try closing and re-opening your browser window. > Forum - Facebook
- Silk browser adblock > Guide
- Reset opera browser > Guide
- Tor browser portable > Download
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Opera Mini
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10
- UC Browser
- Opera Mobile Emulator
- Flock Browser
- FireShot Pro
- Video Downloader professional
- BlackHawk Web Browser
- Crazy Browser
- Opera Touch
- Tab Suspender
- Free browser SpX
- Opera GX
- Gate Browser