Respondus LockDown Browser download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Based on Google's open-source framework Chromium, Respondus LockDown is a browser that temporarily locks down access to all other applications on a student's computer to prevent cheating during exams.
What are the key features of Respondus LockDown Browser?
- Simplified Browser Menu: When using LockDown, several options in the browser menu and toolbar will be disabled. Students will only be able to go Back, Forward and Refresh the current page.
- Prevent Access to Other Apps: During the exam, all external applications become inaccessible, making it practically impossible for the student to cheat. Applications that are disabled by Respondus LockDown include screen-sharing, Microsoft Office and similar office tools, messaging, and remote desktops.
- Disable Standard OS Functions: The basic functions of the operating system of the student's computer will be disabled, such as printing, screen capture, right-click, task switching, etc.
- Continuous Assessment: Students are not able to exit their assessment until it is submitted for grading.
How to use Respondus LockDown Browser?
You may be wondering how to use Respondus LockDown browser? Once you have installed the browser to your computer, you can double-click its desktop icon to open it. At startup, you will automatically be taken to the login page of the institution. From here you can access your exam.
A question that many students have, is does Respondus LockDown Browser record you? This actually depends on the instructions of your institution. For certain exams, you may be asked to activate the Respondus LockDown Browser webcam feature. If the feature is turned on, your webcam will indeed record you during your exam. This once again is a tool to prevent cheating.
Is Respondus LockDown Browser free?
No, it is not a free application. LockDown Browser is available for education institutions that can purchase an annually renewable license. Licenses are available for different ranges of students. The smallest license covers between 1 and 2000 students. For more information on the different licenses, you can visit the Respondus pricing page.
- Respondus lockdown browser download free
- Respondus lockdown browser free download
- Lockdown browser download for windows
- Minecraft: Java Edition > Download - Sandbox
- Torch browser > Download - Browsers
- Download Google Play Store: PC, Android (APK) > Download - App downloads
- DaVinci Resolve 17 > Download - Video editing
- Snapchat > Download - Instant messaging