Boot Camp download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
It is now possible to have two operating systems on your Mac computer thanks to Boot Camp for Windows. It is a program designed for installing the Windows operating system on a Mac computer. This is the Boot Camp for Windows download page.
- Two operating systems on one computer: Boot Camp offers you the possibility to have two operating systems on one single computer. This can facilitate your work, for example, if you need to use specific Windows programs and only have a Mac computer.
- Disks manager: In order to make it possible to install the double operating systems, a disk management tool is provided by Boot Camp for Windows. It takes over all necessary elements including drivers so as they are recognized by both systems.
- Selecting the operating system: This action can be performed easily once Boot Camp has been installed. Indeed, the user is invited to choose either to load the Mac system or the Windows one at the computer startup.
- Customizable settings: There are various settings you are free to customize according to your preferences. For example, you are allowed to set which OS will be the default one and which disk partition to be loaded automatically at the computer startup.
How to install Boot Camp on Mac?
To download Boot Camp of Windows 10, 8, 8.1 or 7 on your Mac computer, follow these steps:
1.Click on the green Download button and wait for the file to be downloaded. 2.Open the Boot Camp Assistant and follow the onscreen instructions. 3.When it finishes, your Mac will restart to the Windows installer. If it asks you where to install Windows, select the Boot Camp partition and click Format. 4.Unplug any external devices and click on Next to begin the installation process. 5.After it is complete, your Mac will start up in Windows. Follow the instructions to install the drivers and you are done!
How to use Boot Camp?
Boot Camp works exactly like Windows just on the hardware of your macOS. To switch between macOS and Windows, restart the computer, and press and hold the Option (or Alt) key during startup.
Is Boot Camp free?
Yes, Boot Camp for Mac is completely free to download and use.
- 64 GB or more free storage space on Mac startup disk
- Supports the following models:
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later - MacBook Air introduced in 2012 or later - MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later - Mac mini introduced in 2012 or later - iMac introduced in 2012 or later - iMac Pro (all models) - Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
- A 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro on a disk image (ISO) or other installation media.
This program is compatible only with Mac computers that use Intel processors.
Photo – apple.com