QuickLook download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
QuickLook is your shortcut to instant file previews! With a simple click, effortlessly open and explore files without launching their default programs. Navigate through content easily using arrow keys, and enjoy a sneak peek of text, videos, images, and more with a quick Space key press.
What is QuickLook?
For those transitioning from a Mac to a Windows PC, the Quick Look feature for previewing file content may be missed. But fear not! Enter QuickLook, a specially crafted application for Windows users, granting the same preview ability.
Now, you can effortlessly glance through various file types, enhancing your overall user experience. It's like bringing a touch of Mac convenience to your Windows world.
What are the key features of QuickLook?
Explore and open files effortlessly: Easily preview a file with a simple keystroke (of course, you can also choose to execute the file with its default program at any time). If you're a fan of Quick Look on Mac, you'll love the convenience of cycling through files using arrow keys during preview. Plus, you can switch to a new folder seamlessly while in an active preview.
Preview content with a key: Want a sneak peek without fully opening a file? Just select the file and hit the Space key on your keyboard. A small window pops up, revealing the file's content. QuickLook supports text, compressed archives, videos, and images, including PDFs and Microsoft Word documents. In the preview window, you can play video, read text, view images, and zoom in and out effortlessly.
Extendable: You have the flexibility to enhance QuickLook with plugins for additional file types, including Microsoft Office formats. Simply download the desired plugins, preview them in QuickLook, and click the Install button that appears.
- Extensive file format support: Easily handle various file types, ensuring smooth management of diverse images (PNG, APNG, JPG, BMP, GIF, and PSD are all supported, as are RAW images), compressed archives (ZIP, RAR, TAR.GZ, 7z, and more), media files (MP4, MKV, M2TS, OGG, MP3, M4A, and more), documents (PDF, AI, CSV, and more), HTML files and emails exported from Outlook, and text documents of all sorts. Also, there's support for rendering Markdown.
- Touchscreen user-friendliness: Interact seamlessly using touch gestures, offering a practical and engaging user experience.
- High-resolution visual clarity: Enjoy clear and sharp visuals on high-resolution screens, ensuring that every detail is presented precisely.
- Integration with file managers: Enhance your workflow by effortlessly previewing files from third-party file managers, ensuring a smooth and efficient experience.
- Freedom: Thanks to the software's strict GPL license, its continued availability as a free resource for all users is assured.
How to use QuickLook?
- Select any file or folder on your desktop or from your file explorer.
- Press Spacebar.
- Take a look at the preview and interact with it
- Preview the next file by clicking on it or using arrow keys (arrow keys move selection in the background if the preview window is not in focus).
- Once you're done, close by either pressing the Spacebar again, Esc, or clicking the cross-shaped button.
- If you want to extend supported file types, take a look at the available plugins.
Is QuickLook free?
Absolutely, QuickLook is a free open-source project.
Is QuickLook safe?
Yes, QuickLook is considered safe to use, so no worries!