In this tutorial, you will learn how to transfer all your contacts from a BlackBerry phone to an Android device. Both devices will be paired using Bluetooth. This method was tested using a BlackBerry Curve and a Galaxy Tab, but the principle should remain very similar across all devices.
Activating Bluetooth on Android
- The first step is to activate Bluetooth on your Android device.
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth Settings. Check the box next to Bluetooth and then check the box next to Visible in order for the device to be detected by the BlackBerry.
- Once Bluetooth is activated, it's time to pair the devices.
- From the BlackBerry home screen, click on Options (wrench icon)> Networks and Connections > Bluetooth Connections. Turn the Bluetooth option to On.
- Next, go to Paired Devices, click on Add a new device, and then click on Search.Your Android device should be detected.
- Once detected, select your Android device and click on Submit to prompt your device.
Transfer Contacts via Bluetooth
- Paired devices should now appear on your BlackBerry screen. Select your Android phone from the menu. Next, press the BlackBerry button and select Transfer contacts.
- Authorize Bluetooth access on the Android device and wait for the transfer to be completed.