Printing an A5 booklet using an A4 sheet
can be quite challenging. While printing it in a straightforward manner would most likely spoil the output, the solution is to change the settings of the
printer and the Word document
. The first step is to change the print layout of a single page
in the Word document to somewhat similar to a book. After this, one needs to change the setting of the printer by accessing the Control Panel and changing the page layout to a compatible format. All that is left to do is to take back to back prints
and the user will have an A5 booklet using only A4 sheets
This trick will allow you to print a sheet duplex.
Required: a printer Samsung CLX-2160 or a computer with a similar Control Panel and Microsoft Word.
To do this:
- Arrange the Word file so that a page gets the same format as a page from the book (both sides).
- Create a file, click on "File" -> "Print".
- Click on "Properties" opposite to the name of the printer.
- The Control Panel of the printer opens.
- Under the "Layout" (or similar), choose "Portrait".
- In Orientation of paper and layout options page (or similar), choose "Document attached" (or similar).
- Close with OK.
- Again in the Print window, select the menu "Print": even and odd pages.
- Now your printer should print duplex in order to create a booklet!
For the Samsung SCX-2160, you must wait until all pages are printed black, then put them in the paper tray without changing their layout and press the "color" of the printer.
Note that between the time lap of first impression and when you press the button "color", the status will turn red.
Published by jak58
Latest update on March 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM by Celia Gatward.