Valorant, Riot Games' tactical shooter, is now available to download. The creators of League of Legends have developed a fast-paced, action-packed shooter that, while not overly original, has extremely beautiful graphics and is highly addictive. Here's how it works and how to download it for free.
How to Play in Valorant
Valorant is a tactical shooter in which two teams of five players fight each other over several rounds to manage to detonate a bomb (if you are on the attacking team) or defuse it (if you are on the defending team). The other option is to kill the attacking team before they have time to plant the explosive, or for the attackers to finish off the defending team before they even plant the bomb.
In case you are killed, you will have to wait for the next turn to respawn, but the good news is that the game is designed for quick rounds of just two minutes, so you won't have to wait long. The winner is the one who manages to win 13 rounds first.
In any case, what counts is mastering three elements: the use of weapons, knowledge of the map and your character's skills.
Valorant has 11 characters, each with specialization and skills, including a supernatural one, such as creating fireballs, toxic clouds, resurrection...
In general, there are four types of agents:
- Controllers: regulate the distribution of the game area, with capabilities, for example, to put up barriers on the map.
- Sentinels: they are in charge of defending the team and have skills to make the opponents' advance more difficult.
- Initiators: Inform and reveal the position of the enemy.
- Duelists: Fight and attack.
Please note that not all characters are available from the start of the game, but are unlocked as you level up.
How to Download Valorant
To download Valorant, the first thing you need is a to create Riot Games account and then download Valorant and start enjoying the experience.
Valorant is a free-to-play game and is therefore completely free of charge. The creators get their income from its online store, where you can make micropayments to add aesthetic elements to your weaponry, that is, customization elements that do not affect the gameplay.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher 64-bit
- Memory: 4 GB of RAM
- Graphics card size: 1 GB of VRAM
- Processor and graphics card type:
- Intel Core 2 Duo and Intel HD 4000 GPU (for 30 fps)
- Intel Core i3 and Nvidia GeForce GT730 GPU (for 60 fps)
- Intel core i5 and Nvidia GTZ1050 Ti GPU (for 144 fps or more)
Note: Nvidia graphics cards and Intel processors are listed for reference, you can search for equivalents in AMD.