I lost my admin password for CUPS, how can I access it?
It is possible access CUPS directly via a web browser.
- Open web browser.
- In the address bar: http://localhost:631/admin
- You must use the PC running CUPS to be able to access it
- Or you can edit the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file.
- If you have forgotten the admin password, it is possible to allow a user to administer CUPS.
To do this, enter this command as root:
root@cameleon # lppasswd -a username
Enter password again:
- You can then administer CUPS with this user.
- Note that: the password specified must contain at least 6 characters (at least one letter and one number).
This document, titled « Unable to access CUPS- admin password lost! », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM