If you have misplaced your admin password for CUPS you can access it directly via a web browser. This article will show you how.
How To Recover Admin Password
- Open web browser.
- In the address bar: http://localhost:631/admin
- You must use the PC running CUPS to be able to access it
- Or you can edit the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file.
- If you have forgotten the admin password, it is possible to allow a user to administer CUPS.
To do this, enter this command as root:
root@cameleon # lppasswd -a username
Enter password again:
- You can then administer CUPS with this user.
- Note that: the password specified must contain at least 6 characters (at least one letter and one number).
Photo by Kari Shea on Unsplash