Internet wont display anything

Closed
drjonesy - May 26, 2009 at 12:09 PM
peerData Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday May 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2009 - May 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Hello,
Yesterday I removed the Norton 360 that came with my Toshiba laptop so that I wouldn't have to see the expired and time to renew every time. Now I can't get Internet Explorer to connect to web sites. I've tried it at home and the office - neither work with hard wire or wireless. Every time I open IE it says can not desplay web page. I know I'm connected - Please Help.....
Related:

1 response

peerData Posts 5 Registration date Wednesday May 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2009
May 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Personal Opinion I would download Firefox at Firefox.com and use that for a browser...

However, open Explorer, Click File and make sure "Work Offline" is not checked. If it is, uncheck it by clicking on it.

If it is not checked then you should try to open Explorer and type in http://63.245.209.50 and see if that takes you to the FireFox website. If it does, 1: Download Firefox and see if that helps. If it does but you REALLY Absolutely want to and have to use Explorer, Clear the Cache for Internet Explorer.

From the Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar, click > Tools > Internet Options to open the Internet Options dialog.

From the Internet Options dialog, click on the Delete Files... button to open the Delete Files dialog.

From the Delete Files dialog, check the Delete all offline content checkbox and click on the OK button

Also click start and click on run and type ipconfig /flushdns weather it works or not... This may also help you...

Good Luck and Let me know what happens.