No internet connection on my laptop

Closed
Lin - May 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - May 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Hello,

i had to have my comcast modem replaced recently and i have a linksys wireless wrt54G router.
which has been reset. i dont know what the setting should be. i get internet on my desktop computers and my xbox lives but cant get the connection on my laptop, when i go to connect i see my linksys but when i click on it it says unsecured network and wont connect. what do i do?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Go to the Linksys site and download the instructions and setup software for your router if you don't have the CD that came with the router.

www.linksys.com/support/

You want to setup a secure network ID (name) with a network key. Then you will need to input that key and network ID in your laptop. The network setup can be done with-in Windows using your browser. But, it's generally easier if you use the software provided by the manufacturer.

Good Luck