Toshiba laptop shutting unexpectedly down

Closed
despoinad Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 25, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2017 - Updated on Sep 25, 2017 at 03:06 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 25, 2017 at 05:08 PM
Hello.
My toshiba laptop began closing down unexpectedly yesterday. I thought it was a glitch, but today I can't even log in without it shutting down. I need an answer ASAP because I really have work to do. Note that I don't have a battery, so I can't take it off and put it back again. Thank you in advance
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 25, 2017 at 05:08 PM
If it is booting, then shutting down, it is getting hot. Heat is very bad. It is possible that you have already done permanent damage from heat. Always make certain you place laptops on a flat hard surface, to allow air to travel around the whole computer, and even UNDER it! Seriously, if you really want to see if it is heat related, stick it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Then take it out, and boot it. If it works longer than before, it is heat related.

If you follow these instructions, you are doing so at your own risk! But then again, what can you lose?