How to move email to folder and create folder if needed?

Closed
jdjb78 - Updated on Oct 25, 2017 at 02:29 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 25, 2017 at 05:24 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to move an email to a folder and create the folder if it isn't there.

The name of the folder comes from a row on a gsheet. And the subject lines of the emails are the same with different information in the email (this information matches selected rowes in the gsheet)

Thanks for your help.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 25, 2017 at 05:06 PM
So, let me see if I get this right:

You want code that will hook into a gsheet, read a certain cell, then MAKE A FOLDER BASED on that cell in the gsheet, in your GMAIL?

That is scarey!

So, what if I make a code, that does all of this, post it here, and my code does everything you are asking, along with emailing me all of your gsheets, AND all of your contacts in gmail. Would you know if the code is doing that before you deploy it?

Now, your customers don't need you, because they have me!

If we make an easy button to an analyst job, who needs the analyst?
To outlook 2016 actually, but I understand what you're saying. Unfortunately, I am not an analyst, and my job consists of much more than creating folders. This is why I'm attempting to pull this small job off of my plate. I appreciate your feedback though. As far as the scenario you mentioned, I know enough coding to know whether or not the code is directing towards a specific gsheet or all gsheets. And both Gmail and Outlook's contact folders are labeled contacts. Thanks ac3mark for the warning though. That's valid and may help someone who isn't so cautious when taking code from websites.
Thank you for understanding.

Now that you say that, if it is all in MS platform, that can be do-able! Are you familiar with modules? if you give me a day( depending on what happens at the office), I can try to wireframe something together for you to place your variables into. Can you give me a day?
Definitely! Take your time. This is not a need, more like a want. I appreciate your help.
Blocked Profile
Oct 25, 2017 at 05:24 PM
NP! I am glad you didn't blast me for my first response, as I typically get for "shining light" on flaws!