Windows 10 pc has been playing up

Closed
karl - Updated on Dec 18, 2017 at 06:09 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 18, 2017 at 06:27 PM
when I start windows and it load you hear the sound of pluging something into the usb port when you look in my computer my spare hard drive is gone , there is also a popup from intel rapid storage tech say the drives been removed if I restart my pc to get the hard drive back it will either work for a while but once I try loading something off the hard drive it fails and disappears, then if I try to restart windows will go into automatic repair where it attempts to scan and fix this hard drive, it eventually dose only t have the hard drive disconnect again after start up, last night my pc was stuck in a loop where it said its crashed saying stop code system thread exception not handled and what failed ntfs.sys, it would then reboot only to try to repair then stop crash and repeat
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Dec 18, 2017 at 06:19 PM
Hi Karl,

Your message is kind of confusing because you seem to speak about an external hard drive while you are having, as it seems have problems with your computer.

While I don't fully understand your description, I suggest you first try to do usual repair procedures.

The first one would be to do to command prompt. Click right on the window icon, click on run and type cmd.

In the black screen type: sfc scannow and hit enter. Tell me what happened and if your problem is solved.

Regards
sorry its a internal hard drive n ill give it a go assuming the harddrive stays conected
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Dec 18, 2017 at 06:27 PM
Let me know, but I must logout now for 10 hours.

Good luck